AJ+ is commissioning original, innovative and engaging
short documentaries from journalists, filmmakers and
production companies around the world. We’re looking for
stories driven by strong characters, compelling voices and
narratives, and unique insights into events and issues that
may be local but resonate globally.
Stories should be current but not necessarily tied to
current events. We’re also looking for pitches that address
technology, sports, science, culture, the human condition
and the passions that drive us.
Your initial pitch should be no more than a page in
length and include:
- How you would describe this story in a Tweet. 140
- A succinct synopsis that describes the heart of
your story and why it matters to a youthful and global
audience, as well as any unique access you have. This
is the most important part of the pitch. No more than
150 words, please.
- A paragraph that traces the narrative arc of the
- The key character(s) and the access you have to
them, as well as any additional voices that will help
tell the story
- The locations and actuality integral to the story
and the access you have to them
- The format in which you plan to film or otherwise
tell the story, and a note on visual style.
- Any technical issues you foresee
- An answer to the question: What audiences or
communities might be particularly to share or engage
with this doc on a mobile platform?
- Links to a rough cut (if it exists) or any other
relevant visual material
- Names of key team members and their track records,
and links to films they’ve produced or shot
- Complete contact information
Please send us your pitches: AJPlus-Pitches@aljazeera.net.
We look forward to hearing from you